Note: these plans are not final. There are probably things we will change. Materials are just there for looks. Part of the reason I'm putting these on here is for all of you to critique them. Tell me what you'd do if you were building this house. Length and width are set due to lot size. It is a corner lot with the front of the house facing West.
Main Floor, no electrical

Top floor, no electrical

Main floor, 3D

Top floor 3D

Exterior, view from corner

Kitchen (for the women)

Garage (for the guys)

Main floor, magnified

Top floor, magnified

Please leave some constructive (ha!) comments for us to read. I think it will be interesting to hear what you think. If you want to know what the four black round things on the screen wall in the theater are, I'll tell you later.
4 comments:
Your bedrooms are too small. You need to eliminate the theater, craft room, office. And it looks like you photoshopped a bunch of stuff. Besides all that it looks great. Now how are you going to pay for all this.
I like the closets in between the bedrooms. Kudos for that idea!
It's always good to have 2 sinks in the master for resale even if you don't personally need them.
The upstairs looks like it might be a bit claustrophobic or apartment like.
Have you thought about the storage space being an open space between 2 bedrooms with a large closet? It could be your play room.
Having open space by the stairs gives the illusion of more room.
Oh, I love the porch too. Great job.
I like the skylight in the kitchen. Those could be handy upstairs as well. Keep the craft room and office!! (For crying out loud, Tyler) The bedrooms are smallish, but maybe the storage room could be a bedroom (it would need a closet) and the storage/playroom could be one of the smaller rooms. Also you should put shelving or some kind of cabinets in the garage. I love the corner pantry in the kitchen. When can we come visit? Can you design our house in like 3 years? And I'm sure if Tyler can afford a McMansion in Vegas, you can afford this house.
I (Mark) like the blue prints. But here is a thought. Move the stair case to the garage wall and you can then shrink your upstairs hall way. This would (in theory) provide you with an additional 3-4 feet of room that you could add to either the Master bedroom or the other two bedrooms. "But you don't have to take my word for it." (LeVar Burton, Reading Rainbow)
Post a Comment