Sunday, June 22, 2008

7 Or More Unique Things


Ok. I give up. I guess I have been tagged before (multiple times) and I haven't done anything about it. Now it's time to brag a little.

Uniquities of Kevin in No Particular Order:

1. I have a penchant for large, interesting words even if I can't remember them.

2. I stopped growing in Middle School.

3. Almost all of my friends in Elementary school were girls . Boys were simple and dumb.

4. Vladimir Horowitz is my favorite pianist.

5. I sight read music very slowly. I memorize music quickly.

6. Nonsensical conversations will always win my vote over boring and critical ones.

7. My favorite, most relaxing type of music is the exact antithesis of relaxing for most people. More maniacal, more better.

8. I can identify make and model of a car simply by seeing the headlights as it passes at night.

9. I can identify engine type, make and model of car or truck by exhaust sound alone.

10. For no good reason, I like big smelly diesel trucks. I have two to prove it.

11. Air horns are sublime.

12. My favorite instrument of all time is the pipe organ. My favorite stop is the 32' Contre-Bombarde usually found in Cavaillé-Colle organs in most Cathedrals in Europe.

13. I really like raspberry jam.

14. I am no good at math. I think once I tried to divide by zero and , well, the rest is history.

15. When relaxing, I can clear my mind and think about absolutely nothing.

16. I didn't know this was strange until a while ago. When I have a song in my head, I hear everything. Not just the melody. I hear it exactly as you would hear it when playing the CD or whatever source material it is, flaws and all. There is a recording of the Tabernacle Choir where you can hear a digital watch beep in the audience during a quiet passage. I hear that too.

17. I prefer audio over video.

18. I don't like clothes shopping.

19. Someday I want to own an Aston Martin. I only have dreams about Aston Martins, so that's the only one I am putting down.

20. I am a car nut.

21. If everybody is doing it, I am not. I am not a slave to fashion or anything else. I don't try to fit in.

22. I have a low tolerance for vapid people.

23. I like physics. Quantum mechanics. Astrophysics. That type of stuff.

24. I use a lot of contractions when typing. I shift grammatical person too.

25. Through thick and thin, I have used Apple computers my whole life.

26. I can't stand hot weather.

27. I have very few friends for some of the reasons listed above.

EDIT: forgot one.
27.1 I love Gothic architecture and want to live in a big cathedral one day.

3 Joys

1. Wifey Lori
2. Baby Hattie
3. Music

3 Fears

1. Balloons (too many have popped close to my ears. I prize my hearing and ears)
2. Having a train, helicopter and an airplane all crash into my house at the same time.
3. Not having money.

3 Goals

1. I want to be able to sight read quickly. I am so close to being a good musician, it's not funny. Quite frustrating, actually.
2. Have enough passive income so a full-time job is not necessary and more something to do so I don't go nuts.
3. Gain some weight.

3 Obsessions/Collections

1. Flashlights/ lighting products in general
2. Product boxes from Apple
3. Organ/piano music

3 Random, Surprising facts

1. The tip of my nose was chopped off and sewn back on when I was younger
2. I had braces for 7 years
3. I can clap with one hand


So there. Now you know more about me than ever before. I'll be off now.

5 comments:

The Yoder's Five said...

You are much more interesting than my other brother, what's his face. (I'm only kidding, Ty, don't beat me up.)

You forgot to mention that your thumbs can bend back almost 90 degrees and that you can belch on demand so loudly that you'd think a walrus was in the room.

The Yoder's Five said...

PS. Mark bought his computer last night. So you guys can fiddle with it all you want when you come.

Katie said...

That was fun to read. Thanks for sharing.
It was good to see your family a couple of weeks ago. Hattie is a doll!

Kevin M. said...

RE: Mark's computer

So much for delayed gratification...

Carolina mama said...

You know enough about math to know that dividing by zero is prohibited.