We had Thanksgiving at Kevin's parents house this year. Hattie and Nathan looked cute sharing this toy. It was hard to get a good picture of them. Hattie is crawling around and getting into all the loose wires and paper she kind find. Oh, also small objects that are easy to swallow. Yikes, you really have to keep your eye on her.


Kevin and I went shopping the Saturday after Black Friday. He found some LED Christmas lights that were 33 ft long, but they were only one color. So he looked some more and found some that were multi colored. He bought those. We proceeded to put them on the house, and as I was unraveling them I thought, these don't seem like they are 33 ft. So I looked at the box and they were only 16 ft. AH!!! We decided not to go back that day and get more to finish the house. So a couple of weeks later we went into St. George again and went to buy more. Well, the place we got them was completely out! So we continued our shopping trip and found the same lights at Costco. Great! we thought and bought 5 more boxes because that is how many 16 ft strands we needed to finish the house. Well, I pulled these lights out and proceeded to unravel them, and they were definitely longer than 16 ft. So again I looked at the box and they were 33 ft! Holy Cow Buckets! So we only needed two boxes to finish the house.
Moral of the story, read the packaging thrice before you buy it!
My father-in-law and Megan came over to help us put them up. We had a fun time doing it. Hattie sure had fun running around outside.
I think this picture is funny because she looks like one of those red things from Star Wars. Her hood does anyway.


6 comments:
Gotta love putting up the Christmas lights :)
I had to put up our light all by myself! How'd you get the whole crew to help? Let's see a pic of the finished product at night.
Tyler
I don't think Kevin asked them to help. I think they just came over and helped. They had put theirs up earlier that day. I thought we had one of them at night, but we don't, so I'll get it put on later.
Haha that's a lot of lights! Now you have enough to form a message on your roof that people can read from the hill as they come into town. How about "Welcome earthlings". or maybe just something Christmasy.
Hattie is so CUTE!!!!!
How about "We light up your life" for your rooftop.
Sorry about your lights!! I would have done the same thing.
Glad you guys have been having fun!!
Post a Comment