Sunday, March 8, 2009

New addition!

That's right folks. A stapler. Swingline 777. In red. I can't believe we've gone nearly four years without a stapler. I got my sister one for her wedding and I've been secretly jealous the whole time.
------
It's been four weeks since the last post, so here is a quick update.

For Valentimes, we spent the night out at the ranch. This is what we woke up to:

Her parent's cooked a fancy meal that included a steak the size of Ohio for each of us. It was really good.

Hattie has been growing and growing. She will be 1 year old on the 27th this month. She is nearly ready to walk. She is learning to communicate by using sign language. She knows she won't get what she wants or needs unless she uses her signs. She can sign "pick me up", "all done" and "milk". She understands more, but those are the only ones she knows how to sign. It has been great. Thanks Lori.

Hattie is very popular. I can't walk through the halls at church without attracting herds of small children all screaming her name and pinching her chubby legs, arms and cheeks. She has been adopted by about 17 Mom's.

Here are some photos we took this morning:

Hattie sitting and eating in her own chair.

New Sunday dress.

Smoochy lips.

Clapping.

She likes to show everyone how big her mouth is.


She is even cute when sad.


Our little ham.

5 comments:

The Mursets said...

Soooo Cute! I love the dress, and Lori you look HOT!! Congratulations on the new family member.

The Yoder's Five said...

EEEE! Hattie is so CUTE! She looked adorable today (you're welcome for the dress) and I'm glad you took some pictures. She is giving Madelyn a run for her money on the World's Messiest Eater title.

And thank heavens you finally got yourself that stapler. That will be an heirloom someday for Hattie's children's children.

Heather said...

I love the pictures of Hattie in her cute little dress and pig tales. What a beautiful daughter you have.

Katie said...

ADORABLE!! She is getting so big.

Ritzville RS said...

What a Pretty baby! You can add an 18th adoptive mom to that list!