Thursday, June 11, 2009

Current and Not so Current Happenings



This is my current project. I already reupholstered the fabric parts and now we are just waiting for the right time to rough up the paint on the metal and then repaint it. It will be all black instead of all pea-gross green! It use to be Kevin's parents. They were getting rid of lots of office chairs and Kevin liked this one a lot, so I said I'd be willing to redo it for him. It was fun, but I ran into a few problems what with getting the right amount of material and finding foam for parts of it.


Maria got MARRIED!

On the 5th of June Maria got married. We are happy for her. We are glad that Shay is now a part of our family. She looked beautiful and everything went smoothly as far as I know. They were married in the St. George East Sealing Room. That was the same room Kevin and I were married in. It was neat to be in there again. This was the first time I have been in that room for somebody else. It brought a lot a memories back. Congrats Maria and Shay.

Then the Saturday after Maria and Shay were married, my nephew Thomas was baptized by my brother and his uncle, Peter. It was another awesome experience. I was able to play the piano for the service for him. Thanks Thomas for letting me be part of that wonderful day. Exciting things happening all the time around here this month. At the end of the month, Peter will be getting married to Shannon DeMille. They are very excited.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I can't wait to see the "after" picture of the chair!

Rheanna Bristol said...

I am so sorry that Savannah missed her lesson. We have been pretty crazy. Forgive me?
Congrats on the wedding, and hopefully the chair turns out perfect, you'll have to blog the finished project!