I would by lying if I said not much was happening around here. I just don't make the time to sit down and document what we are doing. We have been very busy here at the motel. There have been no vacancies for the past month or so and there are a lot of travelers in this part of the country. In the past few weeks we have had no fewer than 3 different people stay here who are riding their bicycle across the nation. They are all very grateful for a nice, clean room and air conditioning. Showers too.
We have met lots of great people. I haven't had one irate or angry customer yet. They have all been easygoing and pleasant to work with. Once in a while, a language barrier presents itself, but I manage.
Lori is working with the housekeeping staff. She alternates between cleaning rooms and doing laundry. I run the office, answer the phone and keep Hattie occupied. Wednesday (Lori's day off) is maintenance day. Lori watches Hattie and I fix things. Tuesday we have one of the housekeepers watch the office so we can have a day off together and travel to see the sights or go shopping or whatever. This last trip we went down to Hurricane for Lori's annual "Sister Day". I was able to finish the ATV trailer before loading it up with junk we didn't have room for when we moved to Hanksville. The time before that we went 60 miles down to the Bullfrog marina at the North end of Lake Powell. Hattie had a blast splashing around in the water.
I'm rambling now. We are still adjusting to the work schedule. We moved here just in time for the busy season, and it won't slow down until September or October.
I want to start a business blog just for the motel. When that happens, I will post a link here. In the meantime, I'll try and keep this blog updated a little more frequently, although I'm not sure how much motel blather you can stand.
3 comments:
More motel blather!! Bring it on!
Sorry we didn't end up seeing you when you came down. :( We miss y'all.
Sounds like you guys are keeping really busy! But I hope you're enjoying it there as well! Now did you guys buy the motel or just helping to manage it?
I think that it is great that the Motel is doing so well. Good job and Congrats on the success! Maybe I will be up to see all the family soon and I will stop by.
Post a Comment