We are alive, and I have lots of excuses for not posting, but I'm not going to talk about any of them, so there.
But we did have a fun Halloween this year. I decided I wanted to get our pumpkin from a real pumpkin patch and so we went to Staheli Farms and had a lot of fun. Hattie really liked all the animals and the swings, and other fun things they had to do there.
This is her in a little cage they had. I don't know if they use it for animals, I kind of doubt it because it was so small. Maybe they use it for isolation if the animals are being bad.
And this is us looking for the perfect pumpkin. I think we got there kind of late in the season because the patch was picked over pretty good. We had to look for a while before we settled on the ones we picked. But it was fun, I would definitely do it again.
Then the next day, we carved our pumpkins, well one of them. It's mine and Hattie's job to gut the pumpkin and Kevin's to carve it. Hattie likes to take the seeds out one by one. It takes her a while.
Hattie really wanted a knife to carve her pumpkin. Her's is the little green one in case you were wondering. Well she wasn't to happy with the knife I gave her because she couldn't stick it into the pumpkin, so I got the bright idea to give her push pins. So we decorated her pumpkin with push pins. I should have let her do it herself, but I helped and it got a face on it instead of random pins everywhere.
The finished product. Kevin comes up with fun faces every year and does a good job carving them despite our lack of proper pumpkin carving knives. Next year I will have to break down and get him one of those kits that we used at Shay and Maria's.
And we didn't get any pictures of Hattie in her costume this year even though she wore it two different days. What bad parents we are. She was a fairy ballerina, but she looked like tinker bell because she was green. Anyway, she looked cute.







4 comments:
awesome memories!!!!
I have a hard time remembering to take pictures myself.
I love Hattie's expression while gutting the pumpkin! We wanted to go to Staheli Farms too and just never got around to it...maybe next year.
Love the pics of little Goldie!! She will have to model her costume for us next time we come over. Love the pumpkins, too.
Hattie's hair is getting so long. She is such a cutie. Great pumpkin!
Post a Comment