Wednesday, September 14, 2011

First Day of Preschool

So the first or second week we moved to this neighborhood I was talking with one of the neighbor moms.  She informed me that they had a joy school group that was going to start in September and I could join if I was interested.  I was thrilled.  I was going to start something on my own with Hattie, but would rather her be in a group.  So we all take turns teaching.  It started out as a small group, but is going to have 6 or 7 girls and 1 boy.  I'm not sure, but right now I teach about once a month.  There are two months that I have off.  Because of the nature of this neighborhood, people are moving in and out often, so in January the numbers will change again.  But, she is making friends and I have 2 hours all to myself, until the baby comes, to do whatever I want to.  This has been the first week, and Hattie has loved it.  On the days we don't have preschool, I still work with her on the letter, number, shape, and color of the week.  Anyway, these are the pictures I took of her first day!


She has been watching The Wizard of Oz and insisted on bringing her buffalo which she was pretending was Toto.




I got her to put it down for a picture, but I didn't get her bangs out of her face.  She has great hair, but those dang bangs are at the annoying stage of growth right now.  They are too long to pull back into the braid, or ponytail, and too short to stay put behind her ear.  She doesn't care, but it bugs me.

1 comment:

The Yoder's Five said...

Yay! That is perfect for you guys! Hattie's a smart kid--she'll be doing times tables before you know it, haha.

I love that she has a stuffed buffalo.