The painting is 97% done. The base coat and two final coats have been sprayed. The base and casing need to be painted with semi-gloss white paint.
The main paint color is 100% white. It is the white that is used as a base for colored paint (ignore the racist comments that just zoomed through your mind). You can't get any more white than this without adding radioactive agents. And I don't mean special agents like NCIS characters. I mean chemicals. The white paint is also flat white. Very bright and non-reflective. Like an anti-ruminative natty dapper lad.
We went to ACE and looked at some paint chips. The colors we ended up liking the most are from the Ralph Lauren Urban Loft Über Snooty Collection. The red color is from their "Island Brights" line not to be confused with their "Island Drab-n-Dull Tsunami Aftermath" line.
Unless your computer monitor has been calibrated to the Adobe RGB (1998) color profile, you won't see an accurate representation of these colors.
For the men, I have added the real color name in parenthesis.
Living Room
The main wall in the living room will be this color:
Studio Grey (less black)

Accents in that room will be black and red:
Marble (black) Relay Red (red)


Main Bath
The main bath will have one wall be this color:
Crosby (brown)

Office
The office may have all four walls painted this color:
Mercer (less brown)

Master Bedroom
We haven't decided yet. The main bed wall has no texture, so we may wallpaper with something like this:

or this:

Living Room
Oak laminate floors or something
Low-voltage track lighting
Halogen recessed lights
Some other junk
We are aiming for a contemporary look without being too weird and esoteric.
Kitchen cabinets are some kind of red-looking wood and we're going to do granite tile countertops. I've never had a "dream home" where I knew exactly what I wanted everything to look like, so I'm just winging it for this house.
Tell us what you think! Please!
10 comments:
Is there going to be carpet? You are brave choosing colors. I think the house will look great! I like the polka dotish wallpaper.
~Monica
Do you even know what you're talking about?
Tyler
I'm a polka dot kind of person, too. There, I've cast my vote.
Those are some dark colors! I guess one wall of color won't be as overwhelming. What about the basement? What color is Hattie's room? (please tell me not black or red...)
Nosy Nellie
OK, if you want my helpful suggestion, go to Home Depot and find the Behr paint.(actually, most brands do this) Find a card with a set of 3 or 4 colors on it, and then get some of each of the colors. It all coordinates, but you have several different shades. They also have a kiosk where you input a color and then it will show you everything that looks good with it. I myself am partial to earthy neutrals and paler shades.
Also, once you have color all over a wall, it usually looks either brighter (yellows and pinks especially---can be garish) or darker (browns, reds and mossy greens), so choose the shades that look almost too pale or under-saturated. Trust me, your corneas will thank you for not blinding them.
Try not to get anything that will date the look of the house and make the next tenant immediately want to repaint the whole thing.
Phew, OK I'm done.
I LOVE the living room color combo. And i like the swirly-ish wall paper. . . mostly because i'm not a polka-dot person. hehe.
The red and black in the living room will be accents. Red rug, black equipment cabinet etc; not red and black paint.
Lori is picking out Hattie's room colors.
Ty, thanks for the constructive comment.
Oh, thank heavens.
I'm going to pretend that Melissa said Sherwin Williams instead of Behr ;)
I love that you posted a color profile. It sounds like it will be awesome to me. I've been admiring contemporary more than I used to lately.
Post a Comment