The other day Hattie woke up and as I was getting her ready for the day, I noticed that she tends to be really happy and content. As long as she is fed, has had enough rest, can see you, and has something to play with, she is just fine. I thought about how things seem to change as you grow into an adult. Why do adults seem to not be content? I thought well, some of them might not have their needs being meet. But sometimes all needs are met, and we are still not happy? This bothers me because I am one that seems to not be content. Are there others out there? What gives you a feeling of contentedness; please enlighten me. Ok, maybe I'm content sometimes, but in general I guess.
Other news, Hattie can roll over with ease now, sit without a prop, she could do that for a while, but now she is not falling over as easily. She is starting to rock on her hands and feet. She is trying to go from the sitting position to the crawling position on her hands and knees. She usually ends up stuck with one leg in back and one still in front of her that she is leaning on. She only has one direction, reverse. On her belly she scoots backwards and in circles. We have a walker that our lovely neighbor let us borrow. She has started to go forwards in that, but it use to be only reverse in that as well. Let's see, oh, she has started to do this funny noise with her nose. She scrunches it up and breaths loudly through it. It's funny. I took a video but you can't hear the noise very well, you'll have to imagine it. She is also making other funny faces. They are random and usually mad looking. It's funny. Then as always her smile and laugh are always there. She is smiling and laughing more easily. It's fun to see what she laughs at.
4 comments:
What a cutie! She's definitely a keeper :) Isn't is sad how fast they grow up!
She is getting quite the personality! I imagine she is going to be a little Curious George once she figures out crawling. Madelyn was a content baby until she started walking. I think it is just something that happens as we get older. We're always looking for something new and get frustrated by our limitations. These days my lack of time has been keeping me from being content. And that danged to-do list!!
She is fun to watch. Her amazing eyes and cute sounds. Hopefully she will get the rocking down and crawl instead of fall on her face. Your posts are fun. Kevins posts are full of dry humor. I'm glad I look at your posts. I would never know what humors person Kevin is. If you need some TV shows to watch you could try the Price is Right. That is becomig one of my favs.
I feel content when I get something done, such as clean my house, read a fabulous book, take a great picture, or finish a quilt. (That's why I'm discontent, too, because those things feel rare.)
Also, when I keep my blood sugar at a tolerable level all day and get a reasonable amount of sleep. Sometimes it seems like just those basic needs are a out of reach with tiny kids, but it gets better every day the more self-sufficient they become.
Post a Comment