Friday, August 7, 2009

Something

I'm not going to say much about the town listed below. It may or may not change our lives. You will have to wait and see.


In other news, Hattie is growing up rapidly. Her vocabulary is expanding and she really likes to watch "Signing Time" videos. When she wants to watch it she runs around saying "time time time time time time time" or "moomie moomie moomie moomie" which stands for "movie"

The other Sunday Lori put Hattie's hair in french braids:
Here Hattie is playing with "jello" not to be confused with the snack food item, jello is a mnemonic device used to help children learn and remember rhythmic patterns found in music. Jello=eighth notes. Hattie loves playing with jello.


During the 24th of July festivities held at the Hurricane City Park there was a booth featuring pony rides. The line was endless pretty much all morning, so Lori asked her Dad if we could go ride his pony later that day. Hattie was too small to ride herself, so Lori mounted up and helped out. There were three horses and one colt. It was fun.


Some random sign found in the back of Grandpa Reeve's truck. That guy has a weird look on his face and he has some wonky hands.


At some point within the last two weeks we all ended up in St. George at the new water playground by the St. George Tabernacle. Hattie ran around in her clothes and had a bunch of fun. It was 106° that day.


Lori has been busy with crafts and one of her latest projects was this little apron for Hattie:


Hattie LOVES to be in the kitchen "helping" Mom and Dad cook and clean. She always wants to be right in on the action. She has her own set of stirring spoons so she can practice. Any time the pantry door is open, she runs in and grabs the broom and starts sweeping the floor, our feet or whatever. I remodeled the Swiffer handle to be a more manageable size.


She will find her way on top of something for a better view point. Here she is standing on the flour bucket washing dishes.



It has been a scary last 3-4 months. I was laid off and that put us in a scramble, but I have been able to do contract work for CID and that has been helping a lot. Being laid off provided a natural segue to the next chapter of our lives. Working at CID was great, but it is time to move on. I decided that I don't want to be an employee anymore, so Lori and I are looking to buy a business. We have something in the works, but I don't want to say much about it until some definite plans have been made. In the meantime, let me know if you need me to design a home theater for you or if you want me to calibrate the audio in your existing one. OK?

5 comments:

Meridy said...

Hanksville huh?

You guys have been having a good time!

We're moving on to a new part of our lives too. It's a little scary to have to move on isn't it? I just keep telling myself all will be well.....

Jen said...

I learned while Alex was between work that I hate unemployment. I hope things work out for your good!

The Yoder's Five said...

FINALLY A NEW POST!!!

Hattie-Cakes is so darn cute, especially in her new apron. Lori got that done fast! Tell her she can come finish all my sewing projects for me.

Project Maniac said...

Send your projects over Melissa. I also do not like unemployment, but I must say that paying you tithing makes money come out of some weird places. Basically, we've been taken care of.

Carolina mama said...

What happens if you pay your tithing in weird places? I love the Hattie, love the apron, and the shortened swiffer, and Lori and Hattie riding (bareback?) and the word "wonky".