Monday, March 29, 2010

Birthdays

Last weekend was filled with birthdays, literally. First, my wonderful sister-in-law had a birthday on Friday the 26th, then Hattie's was on Saturday, then our great neighbor's daughter, Ceanna, had her birthday on Sunday.

For Hattie's birthday, I decided to just invite over friends and family for cake and ice cream. I had a lot of fun planning and making Hattie's cake. I decided to go with a Tinker Bell theme rather than princes because I thought a tinker bell cake would be easier to come up with how to decorate it. Anyway, I like how it turned out expect that I had to leave it in the pan because when I tried to take it out, the bottom of the cake disconnected from the top, so I popped it back in the pan.

Hattie had just woken up from her nap so it took her a little while to understand what was going on and wake up fully. But by the end she was running around playing with her new toys and her cousins. She had a fun day. She played outside almost all day with her cousins, so it was a fun day.


Her cousins our always willing to help her open her presents and blow out her candles. Thanks guys.

She opened this bus first and was done opening presents. She really likes it. Yesterday we discovered that it plays the wheels on the bus. So guess what is played over and over and over.


Here is my lovely cake and Hattie just waking up. I made her shirt for her birthday. I think it looks really cute.


My lovely cake. I am most pleased with the lilly pads and water lilly flowers I made out of icing. That is why there is a close up of them. I found the fairies all in a package at Wal Mart. They came with a bug, that is on the rocks, and a butterfly, that is somewhere by Tinker Bell. My niece and nephew helped me put all the flowers on and the fairies. They had fun with that. I made all the flowers out of chocolate with molds and there are some icing flowers spatter through out the path as well. The blue sparkly gel is water and the gold is pixie dust. Just in case you were wondering.



Hattie is really a cute girl. She is starting to have tantrums, and hitting mom and dad. She likes to make her own choices when I remember to give them to her. She loves to be outside jumping, running, and bare foot. Her favorite game is 'chase'. She will chase Grandma Carolyn's cat, and loves when anyone chases her. She has a different laugh every week or so it seems. She picks up a lot of things from watching movies. She can sign really well, and has started to sign with and sing along with Signing Time and me when we sing songs. We haven't gone to get her check up and shots yet. That will be sometime this week, but she seems to be getting taller and skinnier. She still has a cute pop belly though. She loves to be with mom and have people play with her. She is starting to learn how to pretend. She is usually pretty happy and easy going unless she is tired and hungry. Then she gets really whiny.

We love Hattie and are glad she is part of our family.

4 comments:

The Yoder's Five said...

Happy birthday Hattie! Glad we could come over for her party. That was one awesome cake. Similar ones at the grocery store cost like $30, so GOOD JOB!

Heather said...

Whahooo! Happy birthday Hattie! Very cute cake and shirt. You did good.

Dana said...

Love your cake - you did a great job. And I am very impressed with her shirt - so cute. Happy Birthday Hattie!!!

Rheanna Bristol said...

Happy Birthday Hattie! And good job on the cake!