As some of you may know, the loan for the motel has not gone through yet. We are still waiting for approval, and have been for quite some time. Assuming the loan is approved and we take possession of the motel in the next few months, that would put us right at the beginning of the slow season and we would not have enough money to carry us through the winter. Not only would this be a great strain on us, it would effect the current owners (they are financing part of the loan) and my parents (who have to sign papers with us).
We have decided to put everything on hold for the time being, move back to Hurricane and see what happens between now and the first part of 2011. I'm not expecting the motel to still be available for purchase at that time. We will move on in search for something else. Lori will likely be able to resume her former duties as High School and Middle School choir accompanist, and I may be able to find some work here and there with my old employer.
I'm not excited for this change, but we can't see into the future and there may be something exciting we can't anticipate. Puzzling isn't it?
6 comments:
Yikes! Well, best wishes :) You never know what's gonna happen, and hey! You will always have fond memories of your guard frog!!! (do you love my overuse of exclamations?!) I enjoy your updates and photos, so thanks for keeping this boring blogger slacker informed of your interesting life.
Oh, from facebook I would have guessed another baby coming, but I am not dissapointed to hear that you could be back!! Great News! I am excited!
You have an exciting life! You're like nomads!
Good luck with everything!
Hang in there guys, and good luck! I know its easier said then done, but things really do happen for a reason, and the Lord is watching out for you guys. I wish you guys the very best!
Whatever happens, you guys will be able to do it. :)
It will be nice to see you guys around again for awhile.
Post a Comment