Monday, April 26, 2010

Tidbits

It's been an interesting past couple weeks here in Hanksville. We've met some strange people in between unboxing and cleaning house. Generally, we are getting the hang of things. The days are running smoothly and I think we have a workable schedule. Lori is up at 7 to do morning things in the office. She has a few days each week where she is scheduled to do housekeeping or laundry. I watch Hattie and do things around the house. I stay up til' midnight or so to catch the late-comers and answer questions. Anyway, I think we'll be just fine here.

Now for some pictures:

Here is the birthday dress Aunt Melissa gave Hattie:

The other day we had a huge windstorm followed by rain. It literally rained mud. Here is the aftermath:
I finally got around to washing the car. It will be clean for at least another 30 minutes.

Hattie's chocolate-smeared reaction to the pony gift from Cousin Madelyn. The feet are magnetic, so we stuck it on the fridge.

Cinderella is the latest film of choice for Hattie. Lori and I haven't been good parents lately while we adjust to the schedule, so Walt Disney came over to help. Hattie wears her Sunday dress and dances around, just like Cinderella.

While Lori and I were busy on a conference call this morning, Hattie found a pen. This is why she was so quiet during that 30 minute phone call.
The vacuums the maids use have washable filters that need to be cleaned weekly. They were using our shower to clean them because the kitchen sink doesn't have a sprayer, so we bought a new faucet to make things a little easier. I have never installed a faucet in my life. Until today.


(Yes Dad, it's a Moen)

The lawn was a mess when we got here. It was just starting to grow again, but the sprinklers weren't turned on and everything was dying. I cut it, fertilized it and set up a watering schedule. Here is the result (I don't have a "before" picture):

There are lots more pictures I want to put here, but apparently my brain is on a creative hiatus.

I know lots of you are planning a trip to come visit, but you'll have to reserve a week or so in advance because rooms are filling up quickly and you don't want to sleep on the floor in the basement.

8 comments:

Katie said...

Hattie is adorable! Glad you are adjusting well.

The Yoder's Five said...

Ahhh. Pens! And bless that old man Walt Disney. Now all Hattie needs is a nice big sandbox so you can spray her off afterward with your new faucet.

The Yoder's Five said...

PS. I just noticed your pink linoleum and ultra plush brown carpet. Niiiiice.

Steve said...

Yard looks nice. Hope you brought that sweet riding mower with you. then you can wear your cool hat and shades and be incognito in Hanksville.

Carolina mama said...

Sorry about your car mud job, and the Hattie pen job and the creative hiatus job. Walt Disney should be beatified and canonized.

Tigger said...

Hattie truly is so adorable! Looks like you did a fabulous job on the new faucet! Your grass is beautiful. All in all, looks and sounds like you are all doing well in Hanksville. We still miss you here!

Jen said...

Hey, we are totally on for that weekend I left you a message about. I will call you as soon as I remember on a weekday to confirm! Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you guys.

Rheanna Bristol said...

I am glad things are well. I hear the Secret Service Program can't even find you now! Thats Hanksville for ya!
Hattie looks so cute and I really miss Lori's Piano instruction! I don't think I will ever be the same!
Take care! Love yall