Today I unpacked all the boxes marked Kitchen and we got our bathroom set in order for the most part. We will have to wait for the other rooms because the carpets are being cleaned tomorrow morning at 9:30 AM. We will have to get up and move all the stuff off of the carpets for them.
While I was unpacking, I eventually was answering phone calls, and taking messages for the lady who knew what she was doing, and by the end of the day, I was checking people into rooms and answering questions about reservations, places to eat, and the competition down the road. I guess I did so well, that they decided to let us have charge of it for the night. It was kind of fun to be getting into it, but stressful at the same time. I haven't figured out how to have a child in a place of business. Most people don't seem to mind, and see usually stays quiet and watches what I'm doing. But I still feel weird having her poke her head in and sit on the steps. We will figure it out as we go, and Kevin is doing well to figuring out the things, I'm not good at. We make a good team, and I'm sure we will do well and complement each other as we always seem to do. He is a wonderful guy and I'm so glad he is here on this adventure with me.
So for Hotel business I have already helped, (really watched) as we opened someone's truck because he locked his keys inside. I won't say who is was, Bert, so as not to embarrass you. Thanks for the experience. I have also already had to open someone's room for them because they left their key inside and accidentally let the door shut. Also, I have already showed someone the rooms that were interested in staying, and checked about 3 people in. Came close to entering in several reservations, and as you can tell, stayed up way past what I'm use to. Kevin has already helped someone 'fix' the remote control in their room. Turned out that it needed new batteries. What a smart guy that Kevin is. He also helped fix up a nice room chart for us so I can tell people where their rooms are. I really messed up with some of the film crew that showed up. They were good about it. Oh, yes, I locked myself out of the office and had to ring the bell so Kevin could open the door for me. Yes, I will never leave without my master key again.
So as you can see, we are learning fast, taking it all in, and trying to stay on top of things to keep our household running as well as a business. The owners are being very helpful, patient with all our questions, and very nice. We are grateful for all our blessings, and that we are healthy and happy. Hopefully we will get some pictures on here soon. Give us some time. Wow, this was a lot longer than I thought it would be.
We love you all and want to thank you so, so, much for all the help you have given us.
8 comments:
I am glad that you are jumping right in! It sounds exciting!Did you meet Uncle Jack yet? I love that guy. He is so cool. He and Kevin I think will really click I think, wait...is Kevin a Sci-fi guy?
Anyway, I didn't get your books to you. I am sorry, now I need to resort to mailing them up or sending them with a common murset or wilikins member.
Congrats on everything I am really excitied for you.
Wow--already hard at work managing, I see! Hope you get settled soon and have a chance to relax...
i'm glad you're diving right in and figuring it all out! We love you three.
Sounds like the movie Bedtime Stories. What an fun new adventure!
you and kevin are such hard workers. go badgers!
It's crazy that you guys are gone, but I'm so glad things are going so well!
I meant crazy as in, you were here in Hurricane a few days ago and I saw you at White Rocks, and now you are gone. Just to clear that up ;) (I don't think you are crazy for moving).
I'm so glad that you that you guys have this opportunity and things are going well! Hopefully we'll get to see you sometimes. :)
Glad to hear it's an adventure and not a nightmare. Miss you already!
Post a Comment